So, if you have forgotten your Android screen lock on Asus Nexus 7 2013 tablet and in some other cases you may want to hard reset your device. Note that it will wipe all your data and bring the tablet to it’s factory settings. Here is how to make it.
Asus Nexus 7 2013 Hard Reset
If you have access to your Android and the device isn’t locked you may make the following to hard reset it:
- Open “Settings” – “Backup and Reset”
- Choose Factory Data Reset
- Press “Reset tablet”
- The confirmation window will appear. You should select “Erase Everything” to confirm hard reset
The other way to hard reset Nexus 7 2013 when it’s locked with screen lock or PIN and you can’t unlock the device is the following:
- Power the tablet off
- Press and hold power and when the tablet starts press and hold Volume Down button while still holding power
- Use Volume down to select Recovery Mode, press Power to confirm
- After the device restarts in Recovery mode you will see Android with an exclamation mark
- While holding Power Button press Volume Up
- In menu use volume buttons to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset item
- Select “Yes – erase all user data” and press power to confirm.
That’s it. If in any moment Nexus 7 stops to respond you may off it holding power button for several seconds.